From time to time, we are asked to connect guests to
some of our friends, farmers, resources and suppliers.
Here is a list of links that we hope you find useful! Look below for what our
chefs are sourcing that are in season.
Ashley Farms – www.ashleyfarms.com/chicken
- All natural, minimally processed
- Humanly raised in a clean, low-stress environment
- Grown naturally on small “family farms”
- Fed only wholesome grains without animal by-products
- No antibiotics
- No artificial ingredients or chemical preservatives
- No hormones or artificial growth promoters
- Exceeds NCC guidelines for animal welfare
Sunburst Trout Farm – www.sunbursttrout.com
- Pure mountain water from the Shining Rock Wilderness area of Pisgah National Forest.
- No animal products or by-products in trout feed.
- No Antibiotics
- Certified lab tested free of PCB’s, Mercury, or any pesticides
Riverview Farms – www.grassfedcow.com
- Certified organic family farm on 200 acres in the foothills of the Appalachians in Northwest Georgia.
- Cultivation of certified organic vegetables. They also raise Berkshire pork, and grass-fed beef on certified organic pastures.
Heywood’s Meat Haus & Provisions – www.heywoodsmeat.com
- Artisan butcher shop
- Member of The Butcher’s Guild.
- Buying whole animals from local farms is part of Heywood’s commitment to supporting Georgia’s agriculture.
White Oak Pastures Beef – www.whiteoakpastures.com
- Farm and abattoirs are certified humane by four unique animal welfare organizations: Humane Farm Animal Care, Animal Welfare Approved, American Grassfed Association, and Global Animal Partnership
- Utilize the Serengeti Rotational Grazing Model.
- All animals roam freely and breed naturally; they never set foot on concrete until the day of processing.
- No hormones or antibiotics.
Sweet Grass Dairy – www.sweetgrassdairy.com
- Animals graze pastures, no confinement barns or concrete.
- Artisanal Cheeses
Native Seafood Shrimp Boats
- Wild Georgia Shrimp
- Processed only in the state of Georgia
- Sustainable fisheries
- Turtle Exclusion Devises – Also releases anything greater than 4” wide.
- Bycatch Reduction Devices – Allow smaller finfish the ability to escape.
- No chemicals, antibiotics, pesticide, residues
Carolina Classics Catfish - www.cccatfish.com/company
- US Farm Raised
- Approved by the Monterrey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch
What’s in Season
Local, seasonal food is fresher, tastier and more nutritious than food which has travelled a long distance. It also cuts down on carbon emissions caused by transporting food.
For more info check out Georgia Organics Website: www.georgiaorganics.org