From time to time, we are asked to connect guests to
some of our friends, farmers, resources and suppliers.
Here is a list of links that we hope you find useful! Look below for what our
chefs are sourcing that are in season.
Ashley Farms – www.ashleyfarms.com/chicken
- All natural, minimally processed
- Humanly raised in a clean, low-stress environment
- Grown naturally on small “family farms”
- Fed only wholesome grains without animal by-products
- No antibiotics
- No artificial ingredients or chemical preservatives
- No hormones or artificial growth promoters
- Exceeds NCC guidelines for animal welfare
Riverview Farms – www.grassfedcow.com
- Certified organic family farm on 200 acres in the foothills of the Appalachians in Northwest Georgia.
- Cultivation of certified organic vegetables. They also raise Berkshire pork, and grass-fed beef on certified organic pastures.
Heywood’s Meat Haus & Provisions – www.heywoodsmeat.com
- Artisan butcher shop
- Member of The Butcher’s Guild.
- Buying whole animals from local farms is part of Heywood’s commitment to supporting Georgia’s agriculture.
Enchanted Springs Trout
Blue Ridge, GA
- Pure mountain water from the Shining Rock Wilderness area of Pisgah National Forest, No animal products or by-products in trout feed, No Antibiotics, Certified lab tested free of PCB’s, Mercury, or any pesticides
Brasstown Beef - www.brasstownbeef.com
- all natural, no hormones, no Antibiotics
- All animals roam freely and breed naturally; they never set foot on concrete until the day of processing.
CalyRoad Creamery – www.calyroadcreamery.com
Sandy Springs, GA
- Animals graze pastures, no confinement barns or concrete. Artisanal Cheeses.
Native Seafood Shrimp Boats
- Wild Georgia Shrimp
- Processed only in the state of Georgia
- Sustainable fisheries
- Turtle Exclusion Devises – Also releases anything greater than 4” wide.
- Bycatch Reduction Devices – Allow smaller finfish the ability to escape.
- No chemicals, antibiotics, pesticide, residues
Local produce: (this is only a small selection of farms we use, The farmers we use are either organic or natural grown. Most of our farms are within a 100 mile range of Atlanta.)
- Rise and shine Organic farm, Calhoun GA http://risenshineorganicfarm.com
- Moonbean Farms, Power Springs GA
- Tucker farms, Rome GA http://tuckerfarmsga.com
- Geezer’s Garden, Gurly AL
We order produce that reflects the seasons so our vegetables change regularly. Here are some examples of things we may be serving during each season.
- Spring/Fall: lettuces, snow peas, Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Cabbage, Collards, English peas, Kale, Kohlrabi, Leeks, Mustard greens, Parsley, Radish, Spinach, Turnip, Beets and others
- Summer: Beans, Corn, Cucumber, Eggplant, Melons, Okra, Peppers, Pumpkins, Southern peas, Summer squash, Sweet potatoes, Tomatoes
- Winter: Cooking greens, winter squashes ( butternut, acorn, ext)